2022 Jeep Cherokee Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $33,995 MSRP*
- Standard 3.2L Pentastar™ V6 (271 HP / 239 TQ) or available 2.0L Turbo I-4 engine (270 HP / 295 TQ), standard 9-speed automatic transmission
- 3 Available Jeep® Active Drive 4X4 Systems and Selec-Terrain® Traction Management System (4×4 models only)
- Uconnect® 4 with 8.4-Inch Touchscreen, Remote Vehicle Start, and Power Driver Seat
- Available CommandView® Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
- Optional Alpine® Premium Audio System
- Available Power Rear Liftgate
- Standard Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path Detection, Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking, and LaneSense® Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist
About the Jeep Cherokee
Built on a rich legacy of authentic style and go-anywhere performance, the iconic Jeep Cherokee remains the ultimate choice for drivers that are eager to get out and explore the path less traveled. Featuring your choice of two capable engines and 3 different variations of the proven Jeep® Active Drive 4X4 system – every Cherokee is engineered to excel where the tarmac turns to trails. To match its rugged performance capabilities, exterior styling elements of the Cherokee include its signature seven-slot front grille, available front recovery hooks, and optional bold 19-inch alloy wheels. When you need to escape from the harsh wilderness of the outdoors, a luxuriously-appointed interior awaits you with available premium features like heated leather upholstery, dual-pane panoramic sunroof, and a Nine-Speaker Alpine® Premium Sound System. Connected technology is yet another strong suit of the Jeep Cherokee, featuring the responsive Uconnect® 4 infotainment system across the entire model range. Last but not least, every Cherokee comes standard with a full suite of active safety features to provide a helping hand when you need it the most.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2022
For 2022, Jeep has slimmed down the Cherokee model range to a total of 4 trims. However, a new Cherokee X model makes its debut with unique exterior graphics, off-road performance features, and an exclusive interior. All Cherokee models now come standard with a larger 8.4-inch touchscreen display, replacing last year’s 7-inch unit. Finally, Cherokee Latitude Lux models gain a number of new standard features including a 7-inch gauge-cluster display, dual-zone automatic climate control, a 115-volt power outlet, and more.
Jeep Cherokee Features
Infused with Trail Rated® principles, the Jeep Cherokee is engineered to go where other compact SUVs fear to venture. Beneath the hood, drivers can choose between a standard 3.2L Pentastar™ V6 (271 HP / 239 TQ) or available 2.0L Turbo I-4 engine (270 HP / 295 TQ), each paired with a responsive 9-speed automatic transmission. For maximum capability, the available Jeep® Active Drive Four-Wheel-Drive (4WD) System features a unique disconnecting rear axle that adds efficiency to its exceptional capability. 4X4 Cherokee models benefit further from a Jeep Selec-Terrain® Traction Management System, giving you the power to take on Mother Nature’s toughest conditions. Individual drive modes include Auto, Snow, Sport, Sand/Mud, and Rock. Cherokee Trailhawk models stand out with their red tow recovery hooks and off-road accent-color fascias with rear fascia skid plates for added protection on the trails. Bold wheel flares prominently showcase the striking available off-road aluminum wheels and all-terrain tires of the Jeep Cherokee.
Whether you’re trying to escape the hustle and bustle of your daily commute or the harsh wilderness, the interior of the Jeep Cherokee has all the amenities you need to stay comfortable and connected. Examples of premium features available inside the Cherokee are highlighted by premium leather-trimmed, heated seats and a premium-wrapped, heated steering wheel for exceptional comfort in cold temperatures. Behind the scenes, the cutting-edge Jeep® Air Filtration System is working to filter 95 percent of air particulates and provide fresh air. An optional Alpine® Premium Audio System delivers the perfect soundtrack for your next road trip. Drivers and passengers alike will appreciate the available CommandView® Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof, letting you enjoy fresh air and sunright on the way to your destination. Perfect for when your hands are full, the available hands-free power liftgate opens with the swipe of your foot to reveal a total of 49 cubic feet of cargo capacity inside the Jeep Cherokee.
Elevating your drive by keeping you connected to your social circle, every Jeep Cherokee comes standard with the innovative Uconnect® 4 infotainment system with 8.4-inch touchscreen. Featuring intuitive pinch-to-zoom capabilities, this easy-to-use system includes configurable displays and menus to simplify access. Better still, standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration makes accessing your favorite apps and media as simple as it would be on your smartphone. Drivers can also use the available Multi-View Display that instantly scrolls through vehicle data, accessed via steering-wheel buttons. You can monitor vehicle alerts, fuel consumption, and available navigation functions. For additional peace of mind, the Cherokee comes standard with a comprehensive array of active safety features. These include Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path Detection, Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking, and LaneSense® Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $33,995 MSRP*
- 3.2L Pentastar® V6 Engine
- 1-Inch Raised Ride Height
- Uconnect® 4 with 8.4-Inch Touchscreen and Remote Vehicle Start
- Blacked-Out Badging with Distinctive Hood and Door Decals
- Heated Front Seats and a Heated Premium-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Starting at $33,995 MSRP*
- Premium Nappa Leather-Trimmed Seating
- Power Front Seats with Power Lumbar Support
- LED Exterior Lighting
- Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control, includes humidity sensor and premium air filters
- ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System
- Starting at $37,045 MSRP*
- Trail Rated® Capability with the Selec-Terrain® Traction Management System
- Off-Road Jeep® Active Drive Lock 4×4 System with Rear Locker
- Skid Plates, Signature Red Tow Hooks and Hood Decal
- Trail Rated® 1-Inch Raised Ride Height
- 7-Inch Driver Information Digital Cluster Display
- Starting at $38,745 MSRP*
- CommandView® Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
- Standard Alpine® Premium Audio System
- Power Liftgate
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go
- 18-Inch Polished Painted Aluminum Wheels with All-Season Tires
*MSRP excludes destination, taxes, title and registration fees. Starting at price refers to the base model, optional equipment not included. A more expensive model may be shown. Pricing and offers may change at any time without notification. To get full pricing details, see your dealer.