2022 Ram 1500 Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $35,900 MSRP*
- Optional Multifunction Tailgate with 60/40 Split Swing-Away Doors
- Available Uconnect® 5 with 12.0-Inch Touchscreen, Complete Personalization Options, up to Five User Profiles, a Customizable Home Screen, and Simultaneous Dual-Phone Connectivity
- ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera
- Available class-exclusive Active-Level™ Four Corner Air Suspension
- Class-Exclusive Available RamBox® Cargo Management System
- Standard 3.6L Pentastar® V6 with eTorque (305 HP), available 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 (260 HP), available 5.7L HEMI® V8 (395 HP), available 5.7L HEMI® V8 with eTorque (395 HP), or available 6.2L Supercharged HEMI® V8 (702 HP) with 8-speed automatic transmission
- Optional Heated and Ventilated Leather-Trimmed 10-Way Power Driver and Front Passenger Seats and Heated Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
About the Ram 1500
If you’re searching for a light-duty pickup with durability that doesn’t quit and capability that doesn’t back down, look no further than the Ram 1500 – America’s Most-Awarded Light-Duty Pickup**. Its diverse range of powertrain combinations help demonstrate the work-ready performance found across the Ram 1500 model range. As an industry leader when it comes to innovation, the Ram 1500 is available with a number of class-exclusive features including an available RamBox® Cargo Management System, Active-Level™ Four Corner Air Suspension, and Multifunction Tailgate with 60/40 Split Swing-Away Doors. No matter if you choose the work-ready Tradesman or the luxurious Limited, the Ram 1500 trim range has something for the needs of virtually all truck shoppers. Helping you stay connected and informed until the job is done, the standard Uconnect® 5 includes impressive customization options and the ability to create up to 5 user profiles. Giving you the ability to work both smarter and harder, the Ram 1500 continues to set the standard for the modern full-size pickup truck.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2022
Several exciting additions and changes have been made to the proven Ram 1500 model lineup for the 2022 model year. New packages available this year include a luxurious Limited 10th Anniversary Edition, rugged BackCountry Edition, and even a sport-focused GT package available on both Laramie and Rebel trim levels. Other changes include the addition of Uconnect 5 as standard on Ram 1500 Big Horn models and above while Clean Air System filtration is now standard across the entire model range. Truck shoppers now have more choices than ever before across the growing family of Ram 1500 pickups.
Ram 1500 Features
From outstanding efficiency to supercharged muscle, the robust engine lineup of the Ram 1500 means you’ll have no trouble finding the right amount of power for your specific needs. Boosting both MPG and response, the available eTorque Mild Hybrid Technology Systems offered on the 3.6L Pentastar V6 and 5.7L HEMI V8 engines add an extra 90 lb-ft of supplemental torque. Searching for maximum low-end grunt? Opt for the available 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 producing a remarkable 260 horsepower and 480 lb-ft of torque along with an astounding 12,560-pound maximum towing capacity. For the ultimate in off-road capability, Ram 1500 TRX models boast Bilstein® Black Hawk® e2 active damping shock absorbers, robust 35-inch Goodyear® Wrangler® Territory All-Terrain tires, and the SRT® developed 6.2L Supercharged HEMI® V8. Other sophisticated features offered on the Ram 1500 are highlighted by its advanced class-exclusive Active-Level™ Four Corner Air Suspension, giving you remarkable comfort and adaptability in all situations.
Innovative utility features help demonstrate exactly how the Ram 1500 helps you work smarter than the competition. For example, the class-exclusive RamBox® System expands its already impressive cargo-carrying capacity with secure storage bins on each side of the bed. This sophisticated system doesn’t impact the ability for the bed to still transport 4X8-foot sheets of building materials. Similarly, its available multifunction tailgate can open downward in a traditional fashion or sideways using 60/40-split, swing-away doors for quick access. A convenient foot-activated steel deployable bed step also makes it simple to get to your cargo inside the bed. Other highlights include an in-bed 115-volt power outlet, Trailer Hitch Light, Tailgate Assist system, and power side running boards.
Comfort & Connectivity
Equal parts functional and stylish, the ergonomic interior found inside the Ram 1500 sets the standard that the rest of the competition tries to emulate. Acting as your command center for multimedia and infotainment, the revolutionary Uconnect® 5 system is available in a largest-in-class 12-inch portrait display. Helping you ease stress and tension after a long day in the field, available leather-trimmed seating surfaces featuring both heating and cooling functions demonstrate the prestige of the Ram 1500 interior. Even your passengers can stretch out and relax thanks to best-in-class 45.2 inches of rear legroom. Enjoy the perfect soundtrack for your next adventure with the available 900-watt, 19-speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System. An available Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof lets you fill the cabin with fresh air and natural lighting as well. No matter what’s on your weekend to-do list, the interior of the Ram 1500 is equipped to help you make the most of your plans.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $35,900 MSRP*
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Variable Valve Timing (VVT) with eTorque/8-speed automatic
- Uconnect® 3 with 5-inch touchscreen display
- Vinyl 40/20/40-split front bench seat with manual adjust
- Keyless push-button start
- Trailer-tow wiring with 4- and 7-pin connector
- Starting at $40,995 MSRP*
- Cloth 40/20/40-split front bench seat and 60/40-split rear bench seat
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- 3 USB ports—2 located on lower left and 1 in upper lid of bench seat
- 18-inch aluminum painted wheels
- 3.5-inch monochrome cluster
- Starting at $49,450 MSRP*
- Leather-trimmed heated and ventilated front seats with memory functions
- Uconnect® 5 with 8.4-inch touchscreen display
- Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control
- LED ambient interior lighting
- LED headlamps and taillamps with chrome bezels
- Starting at $50,395 MSRP*
- Unique Black interior trim with Red accents
- 7-inch Rebel color reconfigurable cluster
- Black-surround unique grille, Sport Performance Hood, and Powder-coated bumpers
- Unique Ram scripted aluminum tailgate with damped opening assist
- 1-inch raised ride height
- Starting at $56,980 MSRP*
- Limited Longhorn specific premium leather trim and wood interior treatment
- ParkSense® Front and Rear Park Assist with Rear ParkSense Stop
- 20-inch aluminum wheels
- Power-release tailgate
- Spray-in bedliner
- Starting at $61,695 MSRP*
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Multi-Displacement System (MDS) Variable Valve Timing (VVT)/8-speed automatic
- Limited-specific premium leather trim and wood interior treatment
- Wireless charging pad
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) with Rear Cross-Path and Trailer Detection
- Power running boards
*MSRP excludes destination, taxes, title and registration fees. Starting at price refers to the base model, optional equipment not included. A more expensive model may be shown. Pricing and offers may change at any time without notification. To get full pricing details, see your dealer.
**Based on awards within the light-duty pickup segment from 3rd Quarter 2019–1st Quarter.